In addition to awarding scholarship opportunities for academic merit, Murdoch University, Dubai also recognises the efforts of those who require financial aid or who have exceptional circumstances which limit their chances at quality higher education. For these reasons, we have included two additional scholarships.
A. Early Action - Early Decision Award
Foundation and Undergraduate
If you are looking to join our Foundation Program or any of our Undergraduate programs, it’s always best to apply early. The Foundation Program is great if you’re still deciding on your undergraduate course or topping up on some the basics to equip you better for the university experience.
Undergraduate applicants must submit their application and meet the entry requirements by 27th November 2016 for the January 2017 intake in order to qualify for a 15% tuition grant toward their 1st year undergraduate program tuition.
With an increasing demand for MBA qualified candidates, The Murdoch Business School is dedicated to providing you with a postgraduate experience second to none. Our 100% employment and satisfaction rate makes our graduates the first choice for employers.
As spaces are limited for these programs, we encourage our applicants to submit their applications as early as possible. We are offering a reduction of 15% for the 1st year of the full tuition fee if you submit your application by 27th November 2016 for January 2017 intake.
The Scholarship is subject to applicants meeting the entry criteria.
Master of Education
If you’re looking to enrol with us in our School of Education, we’re pleased to announce a reduction of 15% for the 1st year of the full tuition fee if you submit your application by 27th November 2016 for January 2017 intake. Our Master of Education Program is a research intensive course with a real life hands on learning experience.
The Master of Education Scholarship is subject to applicants meeting the entry criteria.
B. Financial Aid
If you qualify for Income Support, you may be entitled to receive the Special Support Grant which entitles from 10-25% of the total course tuition fee.
C. Murdoch Athletic and Sports Award
- Achieved a 65% academic record in their secondary school results for undergraduate admission and completion of a Bachelor degree with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent for postgraduate admission
- Applicant(s) must be a current and selected representative member of a sport (individual or team) these include: football, basketball (Men’s and Women’s) and cricket. The applicant must participate at the emirate/state, national or international level. The sport must also be sanctioned, authorized and/or controlled by a representative body (i.e.: an association, federation, committee) at a state, national or international level
- The Extra-Curricular Scholarship is extended to those who have gained certification or commendations in Chess or Math competitions. Students must present their membership ID and qualifications. Participation can be the emirate/state, national or international level.
- Apply by the deadline and submit a 300-500 word essay on “How high school/ varsity athletics has an influence on my life and personality”.
- Candidates should submit a copy of 2 highest achievements in sports they have achieved. Students should also include a letter of recommendation issued by their coach or athletic director.
- Successful applicants can get up to 15% reduction in tuition.
- Open to University transfer students and high school graduates.
- Applicants must submit their application and meet the entry requirements by 1st January 2017 for January 2017 intake in order to qualify for the Scholarship.
D. Murdoch Talent and Leadership Award
Apply by the deadline 8th January 2017 and submit a 300 word essay describing your participation in extracurricular activities and how you would add value to the Murdoch Dubai Student Body?
Discuss a leadership experience you have had in any area of your life. You are encouraged to submit any 2 extracurricular certificates of achievement and a recommendation letter from your high school counselor or college advisor.
E. Grants, Discounts, Awards and Fee Waivers
GCC Citizen Grant
A GCC and UAE citizens, entering his/her first year of any full-time undergraduate or post graduate degree programme will be eligible for 10% discount on the first year’s tuition fee.
Immediate family fee waiver
Murdoch University, Dubai offers a percentage fee waiver to the immediate family members including, spouse and siblings of currently enrolled students. On meeting the required eligibility criteria of their chosen course, family members will qualify for a fee waiver as per below:
- 1st family member – No fee waiver
- 2nd family member - 10% off tuition fee
- Over 2 family members enrolling - 15% off tuition fee for each enrolled family member
- 10% fee waiver off tuition fees to any immediate family member of alumni
- Awarded on receipt of documentary evidence proving the relationship of the registered applicant and the alumnus or student.
Alumni Recognition Award
Murdoch University, Dubai also offers a percentage fee waiver off tuition fees to Murdoch Alumni, who wish to continue their studies at the University. This can include the progression from Undergraduate to Postgraduate programs or the opportunity to complete a second degree at the PG level
- UG Alumni – 15 % off PG Course Fee
- PG Alumni – 10 % off additional PG Units
- Murdoch University, Dubai also offers a 10% fee waiver off tuition fees to any immediate family member of alumni.
Corporate Partnerships and Tuition Discounts
A fee waiver on the first year of study is offered to Employees who register as a Corporate Partner with Murdoch University, Dubai. The policy applies to employees and their immediate family who plan to enrol for the university's undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs who meet the eligibility criteria.
For more information on corporate partnerships, please contact Gary.Fernandes@murdochdubai.ac.ae
Click here to download the Scholarship Application form.