Speak to the world with Communication and Media Studies (BCommun)
Whether it's traditional media (TV, newspaper and radio) or new media (social media, digital TV, digital radio or mobile applications), this course will give you the critical skills required to understand communications in an ever changing digital global industry.
Understand how communication and media works
You'll be gaining both theoretical and real-life insights into the power of communication via traditional and newer forms of media.
You'll learn how to understand and analyse media messages and their impact on society and culture. You'll discover how the media industry operates in a world characterised by rapid change, digitalisation and technological innovation.
Communication and Media: No limits to future opportunities
This major provides students with skills and expertise for work in a contemporary communication and media industry characterised by rapid change, digitalisation and technological innovation. Students are equipped with the knowledge base and skills for analysing and producing both traditional and new media texts, as well as understanding communication and cultural processes in emerging creative industries.
The units in this major cover a wide range of critical communication issues and media concepts, students completing this program are also well-placed to embark on a research career in the global media industry or enrol for further studies at Honours and/or postgraduate level.
- Download the flyer for this course
- Meet one of our current School of Media Communication and Culture students
How to apply
To apply for one of our programs you must submit all the required documentation outlined in the checklists below.
You can submit documentation via post, email, facsimile or in person. Please be aware that in order to gain a full offer you must meet our minimum entry requirements and all your original transcripts will need to be sighted by one of our Admissions Officers.
Please use the checklist below and submit all documentation before the relevant due date.
UG/MUPC Application Checklist:
- Complete the undergraduate application form.
- Submit all of your completed qualifications and the transcripts of your results.
- This will help the university to properly assess your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Enclose certified copies of your English test score (IELTS or TOEFL) if applicable.
- An application fee should be included along with the application.
- Undergraduate application fee – AED 250
- Submit two passport size photographs.
- Submit your passport copy with visa page.
Applications sent without this fee will not be processed.
If you would like to apply for this course you can now: