About English for Academic Purposes EAP
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) caters for a wide range of students who want to improve their academic English skills for entry into secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The EAP is taught by a team of dedicated professionals who are trained and experienced in communicative and collaborative teaching methods.
English for Academic Purposes is an intensive English course that provides students with the necessary skills required for success in Foundation or Degree courses. At the completion of EAP, students must take the IELTS or equivalent test and score 5.5 in each skill or equivalent on another test.
The English for Academic Purposes program is comprehensive and includes:
- Writing research reports and critical reviews
- Active listening and note-taking
- Oral presentation and discussion skills
- Library and Internet research techniques
- Academic writing
- IELTS & TOEFL exam practice
- Assignment writing techniques (including bibliography)
- Average Class Size: 15- 18
- Sessions per Week: 23
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Entry Level: Intermediate (approximately IELTS 4.5)
How to apply
To apply for one of our programs you must submit all the required documentation outlined in the checklists below.
You can submit documentation via post, email, facsimile or in person. Please be aware that in order to gain a full offer you must meet our minimum entry requirements and all your original transcripts will need to be sighted by one of our Admissions Officers.
Please use the checklist below and submit all documentation before the relevant due date.
UG/MDFP Application Checklist:
- Complete the undergraduate application form.
- Submit all of your completed qualifications and the transcripts of your results.
- This will help the university to properly assess your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Enclose certified copies of your English test score (IELTS or TOEFL) if applicable.
- An application fee should be included along with the application.
- Undergraduate application fee – AED 250
- Submit two passport size photographs.
- Submit your passport copy with visa page.
Applications sent without this fee will not be processed.
If you would like to apply for this course you can now:
How to Package Your Enrolment
You can package your EAP with the Murdoch Dubai Foundation Program (MDFP) or/and the Undergraduate course at Murdoch University International Study Centre Dubai.